What's Cooking Layout

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Double Chocolate Cookies

Double Chocolate Cookies

I grew up on these cookies. Mom used to have a cookbook that was all about chocolate and it had some of our favorite family recipes in it. I copied all of my favorites down onto recipe cards when I got married and moved out. I really wanted the whole book though. Unfortunately, the book was no longer being sold. Years later I happened upon that very cookbook at a garage sale being held in the back  parking lot of Layton High School. My husband shook his head when I  got back into the car beaming about my 15 cent find!!




Ingredients:

1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 c sour cream
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t slat
1/2 c chocolate chips

Grease two cookie sheets and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl,  beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and then the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually mix the flour mixture into the bowl with the creamy mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Drop by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheets and back for 8 to 10 minutes.

Hope you love them as much as I do!

**Note: Sometimes I like to replace the vanilla with peppermint extract OR leave the cookie dough as it is but use peppermint chocolate chips instead. The chocolate mint combination is really yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment